25 May Head of Investor Communication – Sydney or Melbourne
Our client provides integrated communication, strategic counsel, and specialist stakeholder engagement services across the health, technology, retail, energy, FMCG, banking and financial services, LIC, and aged and disability services sectors.
This is a collective of international independent agencies with 1500 staff globally. In Australia they are 60 people strong, with specialist teams in social and digital, strategy and planning, creative services, and public relations.
The Head of Investor Communication role works in partnership with the Head of Corporate Affairs with combined responsibility of managing a team of approximately 12 consultants. Together they offer and enable a holistic and integrated approach to investor communication.
We are looking for an experienced financial markets / investor relations specialist to oversee a large portfolio of publicly listed companies operating predominantly in the health, technology, retail, LIC, financial services, and innovation sectors. The position sits on the Executive Management Team and is responsible for the commercial, people, and client operations.
The role calls for an experienced practitioner able to advise boards and management teams on IR strategy, market access, and communication and oversees ongoing IR retained services as well as transactions including M&A and IPOs.
Your key focus areas will cover client services, financial & commercial, external profiling, business development and team mentorship & leadership.
To be considered for the role, we are looking for the following key skills, experience, and traits:
- Undergraduate or post graduate studies in IR / finance or public relations, marketing or equivalent.
- A solid understanding of investment markets, financial and investment concepts, and the strategic IR function.
- Proven related industry experience.
- Highly developed strategic and content development skills for corporate and investor audiences.
- Experience of growing client portfolios.
- Proven account development skills.
- Highly competent in all forms of PR writing and services including superior editing skills.
- Highly competent in leading development of client proposals and plans including strategy development.
- Excellent communication skills - negotiation and conflict management skills.
This role reports directly to the Managing Director, Australia and is eligible for short- and long-term incentives in addition to competitive base remuneration.
Salary – commensurate based on experience, skills & potential.